Today I am sad.
I am sad because I just spent the better part of Drew's morning nap reading a blog about a woman who lost her daughter when she was barely 13 weeks old due to a heart condition. Her older son had a herniated diaphragm and that has caused multiple problems, and she is pregnant with another little boy who has some heart issues as well. I found their blog on a site I frequent where Moms of children with heart defects can get advice, support and resources. I am in awe of this blogger's candidness. Her precious little girl was so beautiful and my heart just breaks for this other woman, someone I don't even know. I am sad because so many parents face the same reality...and it is not fair.
Today I am grateful.
I am grateful because God has chosen me to be be Drew's mother. He has given me the most perfect gift and I strive daily to be worthy of this gift. Sometimes I fail, but I always try. Today I am grateful because my son's prognosis is good. He should live a normal, healthy life...full of excitement, laughter and fun. He should be able to do all the things he wants to do in life and be whomever he wants to be. I am grateful for Drew's smiles, laughs, monologues and the love he brings into my life. I am grateful for his father, for being such an outstanding man, husband and father. I am grateful for my life as it is, with all its imperfections, because it's my life. And I wouldn't have it any other way.








1 comment:
Mary, I will continue to keep you, DH, and baby Drew in my prayers. Drew is lucky to have you as his mother. You will get through this. If you ever want to talk, you know where to find me.
Post a Comment