Well, I am new to the world of blogging, but thought since everyone else seems to be doing it, so should I!
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the majority of my blogging will be about Drew. It's been slightly over 5 months since he joined our family outside my womb. There have been many ups and downs, but always love. He is such a tremendous joy!! I truly cannot imagine my life without him, his Daddy and Maggie Mae. He brings a love into my heart I never knew existed. I guess that's because this is my first true experience, at least that I have in my conscious memory, of the love between mother and child. I now know how hard it must've been for my Mom to have to leave all of us and feel her sorrow, in a way. But, I also know she is Drew's special angel...and he is lucky to have so many angels...Grandma Angela, Christina and all his Great Grandparents. I know that they watch over him and protect him.
Speaking of his Great Grandparents, Drew will head back to the Cardiologist on December 29th, Great-Grandpap Calvano's birthday! We are all praying for good news. Please keep him in your prayers. He is a very strong little boy, but I would prefer he NOT have to endure surgery.
In the meantime, we are enjoying all of the new things Drew is doing. Watching him explore his world is a gift! He loves to laugh and smile...and eat. He enjoys playing and taking baths. Maggie is his favorite "toy," and he also loves looking at "the baby" in the mirror! He enjoys daycare and loves his teachers. He is very social. We are still working on his gross motor development, as the positional therapy/hatred of tummy time has put him at a slight delay due to lack of floor time, but it's very minor. He is just a joy to have in our lives. God has truly blessed us with him.
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the majority of my blogging will be about Drew. It's been slightly over 5 months since he joined our family outside my womb. There have been many ups and downs, but always love. He is such a tremendous joy!! I truly cannot imagine my life without him, his Daddy and Maggie Mae. He brings a love into my heart I never knew existed. I guess that's because this is my first true experience, at least that I have in my conscious memory, of the love between mother and child. I now know how hard it must've been for my Mom to have to leave all of us and feel her sorrow, in a way. But, I also know she is Drew's special angel...and he is lucky to have so many angels...Grandma Angela, Christina and all his Great Grandparents. I know that they watch over him and protect him.
Speaking of his Great Grandparents, Drew will head back to the Cardiologist on December 29th, Great-Grandpap Calvano's birthday! We are all praying for good news. Please keep him in your prayers. He is a very strong little boy, but I would prefer he NOT have to endure surgery.
In the meantime, we are enjoying all of the new things Drew is doing. Watching him explore his world is a gift! He loves to laugh and smile...and eat. He enjoys playing and taking baths. Maggie is his favorite "toy," and he also loves looking at "the baby" in the mirror! He enjoys daycare and loves his teachers. He is very social. We are still working on his gross motor development, as the positional therapy/hatred of tummy time has put him at a slight delay due to lack of floor time, but it's very minor. He is just a joy to have in our lives. God has truly blessed us with him.








No comments:
Post a Comment