Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Time Sucks

Lately, I have found a lot of ways to waste time. It seems like whenever the boys are down for naps, or in bed for the night, I am on my computer checking out my latest time sucks. Don't ask me why. Maybe I need down time. Maybe I am sick of cleaning my house. Maybe I just like to sit and stare at a computer screen. Maybe I am a procrastinator at heart. Who knows!

Some favorite game time sucks include Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds (thanks Bill).

When I am feeling crafty, I check out Twinkle Baby Boutique, or a crafty blog, such as Make It and Love It. And then, I either purchase something or bemoan the fact that I haven't gotten out the sewing machine I just had to have in about 1.5 yrs. It's collecting dust in the basement, under a pile of God only knows what. What an investment! But, do I do anything about it? Do I get said sewing machine out and relearn how to sew in a straight line so I might be able to one day be the crafty goddess I long to be? No. I just check out more projects, "ooohing" and "ahhhing" and otherwise drooling over lush fabrics, darling skirts and cute pillows.

When I want to find new ways to waste time, I log on to Pinterest because, MAN, can that site suck time away nicely. Not only do I enjoy hours of viewing possible pins, and repinning the best on my boards; but inevitably that endeavor takes me to something else - like looking at more craft blogs.

Then, there's the money time suck - Etsy. God help me. I love me some Etsy. Just writing that word, Etsy, makes me itch to come up with a reason to purchase something homemade for my boys or my goddaughter, Gabby. I swear he needs it, Bill. NEEDS IT.

Let's not forget my all time favorite time suck - Amazon Mom. OH. MY. WORD. You mean I can find 75% of the things I need for my home/children, for a discounted price, AND get free shipping, thus making going out to the store with 2 screaming children virtually unnecessary? Yes please!

I'll leave you with my new favorite time suck, also known as "the site where I would spend all my money if I didn't have a conscience and, you know, think about the boys and their needs above my own desires" - Ruche. L-O-V-E.

So, there you have it. Just a few of my favorite time sucks.

And with that, I am off to work now - because 10pm is a perfectly appropriate time to just be starting to work on things like cleaning the house or my business. Why do at 7pm what you can put off til 10pm? That's just crazy talk.

No comments: