First of all, I want to thank those of you who have reached out to me via email or here on Blogger. I never envisioned I would be the recipient of such love and support for just baring my soul.
Second of all, I don't want anyone to worry about me! Please. I know I am and will be OK. I promise. I just lost hold of myself and my needs for awhile there...and when that happens, bad things follow. I need to get back on track and thus ...
The Solution -
Diet: Tomorrow morning, I start Weight Watchers online. I don't have too too many pounds to drop and the points I am allotted are VERY reasonable. I like that I get to eat what I want, within reason, as long as I follow the points for the day. Of course, if I eat appropriately, I am allowed more food, I will feel better and lose weight. So, I am going to go with the latter option and be sure I plan appropriately for when I want to go out with friends, family or with Bill (read: for Sex and the City 2 with the girls on Friday!!). For vacation, I will have to be proactive and be sure I am watching portions and the types of foods I consume. I can still have a nice dinner out with my husband, but I have to be mindful of what I select and ask for a box at the beginning of the meal so I am not tempted to finish it (crazy American portions!!).
Exercise: Even though I am fairly active between walking 2-3 days/week, (when I put my mind to it ... and this isn't some leisurely stroll, it's a fast pace and I go for at least 2 miles, often farther) and chasing a 2 year old around all day; lifting him up and playing with him, but I can do more. So, I NEED to be sure I am walking at least 3 miles 3 days/week. Even on vacation, I can still do this, I just have to make the time for it. There should be no reason I don't fulfill this piece either.
Mary Time: Back to scrapbooking, sewing projects and whatever else makes me happy...in addition to spending time one on one with Bill and making family fun time for all 3 of us...regularly. Today, we went out in our town and had lunch outside, strolled around and split some ice cream. Earlier, we had gone on a walk together around our whole neighborhood and later in the evening, had dinner in the backyard and went on another walk. So great...and reenergizing!
So there you have it ... The Solution. Things are looking up already!
15 years later
1 year ago








3 comments:
If you ever need a walking buddy - let me know!
It sounds like you have a cohesive plan to address all the areas of your life that are concerning you. You are so not alone; I think we've all been in your shoes at one point or another (for me, it was last year at this time). Use your blog to vent if you need to-- it's a great outlet!
~Elizabeth
I missed your earlier post, just catching up today, but I wanted to just give you a shout out of support! You've managed the two hardest parts of defeating the funk you've been in... Acknowledgement & Doable Solutions.
Good luck with keeping with portion control & exercise. You are right, these are things you can totally do - while having a great time with your family & friends.
I hope you guys have a wonderful vacation!!!
Post a Comment